The oldest city in the California state, San Diego is widely known as “America’s Finest City” because of its amazing weather, beautiful sandy beaches, friendly people and a lot of other things!
San Diego is famous for another reason – it’s one of the most progressive cannabis cities in California. While marijuana is still classified as a schedule I substance under the federal law, you can use marijuana legally in San Diego for both medicinal or recreational purposes.
As per Proposition 64 passed by 56% of votes in favor on November 8, 2016, recreational marijuana has been legal in the whole of California since January 1st, 2018. Under legalization, weed sales in California are estimated to reach billion a year in revenue by 2021, along with billion taxes per year.
In September 2017, the San Diego City Council voted 6 to 3 to go all-in with it. They legalized marijuana cultivation, distribution, and retail sales making San Diego the center of a new “Green Rush” – a billion-dollar worth industry.
According to San Diego’s new cannabis law,
– You can purchase or carry up to 1 ounce (28.5 grams) of weed, or eight grams of concentrate such as hash, tincture, oil, etc. if you’re 21 years or older.
– You can grow up to six plants for personal use in a private property. You can’t sell without a license.
– You cannot smoke cannabis within 1,000 feet of a school, day care center, or youth center while people are present. For using cannabis publicly, you may encounter 0 -0 fine.
– You can drive with cannabis if you keep it in a closed container or in your car’s trunk. The police may otherwise allege you for having an “Open Container”
– You are subject to DUI laws if you are found driving under the influence of cannabis.
– You can’t consume or possess cannabis on federal properties such as national parks or historical places even if it is in San Diego.
– Non-medical cannabis businesses are required to pay a 5% tax on monthly gross receipts which is scheduled to rise to 8% from July 1, 2019, unless the city council declares something else.
– Though it is legal under California state law, employers can prohibit the use of cannabis by their employees or can deny employment to a marijuana user. A medical cannabis card holder could be an exemption to this in certain cases.
If you love cannabis, then San Diego might just be the perfect city for you. Many cannabis enterprises are budding out here and the West Coast Cannabis Tours take you behind the scenes.
And all you need is a medical marijuana card in San Diego to buy the herb legally.
A glut of medical marijuana dispensaries in San Diego has appeared all over the city with the end of prohibition on the herb.
But remember, only stores with both state licenses and local permits can sell cannabis to customers. So, you better purchase from CUP licensed marijuana outlets to avoid any subtle legal issue.
Want to learn more?
Visit us at: http://bit.ly/2HlbE5B
Follow Us on:
Video Created by-
More info on The Cannabis Guide to San Diego
The Cannabis Guide to San Diego - BingNews Search results
Board of Supes Begins Path to Cannabis Sales, Cultivation in Unincorporated Areas
The San Diego County Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 on Wednesday to adopt a policy that would permit regulated cannabis retail sales, cultivation and manufacturing in the county’s unincorporated areas ...
Cannabis sellers, growers approved for unincorporated areas of county
A new permitting process will prioritize minority-owned businesses to address past issues of perceived over-criminalization of drug laws in their communities ...
County Supervisors take first step in cannabis equity policy
The San Diego County Board of Supervisors Wednesday will consider a set of policies proposed by Supervisors Nathan Fletcher and Nora Vargas intended to improve economic access and social equity in the ...
Aurora Cannabis: The 12,200% Gain Shareholders Didn't Ask For
Not even two years ago, no marijuana stock was hotter than Aurora Cannabis (NYSE:ACB). By the midpoint of 2019, Aurora had amassed 15 cultivation facilities around the globe, and it was on track to be ...
Supervisors reveal cannabis equity policies for vote
San Diego County leaders revealed a set of new policies Monday they drafted to improve economic access and social equity in the cannabis industry.
Supervisors Fletcher, Vargas reveal cannabis equity policies For vote
SAN DIEGO (CNS) - San Diego County Supervisors Nathan Fletcher and Nora Vargas revealed a set of new policies Monday they have drafted to improve economic access and social equity in the cannabis ...
Supervisors to consider needle exchange program, cannabis businesses
Tuesday's agenda includes a syringe service program, Wednesday's vote would allow growing and selling marijuana in unincorporated areas of the county ...
Medical Marijuana, Inc. Subsidiary Kannaway(R) Unveils Anticipated New Products in U.S. and Europe at 2021 Focus Virtual Kickoff Event
SAN DIEGO, CA, Jan 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE via COMTEX) -- SAN DIEGO, CA, (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NewMediaWire -- Medical Marijuana, Inc.
San Diego County Supervisors Prepare To Reverse Ban On Backcountry Marijuana Businesses
In 2017, a Republican-majority board of supervisors voted to ban all new cannabis businesses in San Diego County's unincorporated areas. Now, with Democrats in the majority, two supervisors say ...
1 Hospitalized, 24 Displaced After San Diego Hash Oil Explosion
Investigators determined the explosion was the result of hash oil, a concentrated cannabis product also known as honey oil.
Your Guide to Buying Cannabis Seeds in the United States in 2021
But if you’ve never purchased cannabis seeds before ... That’s where this guide comes in. We’ve vetted weed seed banks, read a lot of online reviews, and chosen some of the best online ...
San Diego Recreational Cannabis - Camino Del Rio
Leafly operates in compliance with all applicable laws regarding access to cannabis. You must be 21+ or a registered patient for eligibility. Enjoy responsibly. Promotions: While supplies last.