The oldest city in the California state, San Diego is widely known as “America’s Finest City” because of its amazing weather, beautiful sandy beaches, friendly people and a lot of other things!
San Diego is famous for another reason – it’s one of the most progressive cannabis cities in California. While marijuana is still classified as a schedule I substance under the federal law, you can use marijuana legally in San Diego for both medicinal or recreational purposes.
As per Proposition 64 passed by 56% of votes in favor on November 8, 2016, recreational marijuana has been legal in the whole of California since January 1st, 2018. Under legalization, weed sales in California are estimated to reach billion a year in revenue by 2021, along with billion taxes per year.
In September 2017, the San Diego City Council voted 6 to 3 to go all-in with it. They legalized marijuana cultivation, distribution, and retail sales making San Diego the center of a new “Green Rush” – a billion-dollar worth industry.
According to San Diego’s new cannabis law,
– You can purchase or carry up to 1 ounce (28.5 grams) of weed, or eight grams of concentrate such as hash, tincture, oil, etc. if you’re 21 years or older.
– You can grow up to six plants for personal use in a private property. You can’t sell without a license.
– You cannot smoke cannabis within 1,000 feet of a school, day care center, or youth center while people are present. For using cannabis publicly, you may encounter 0 -0 fine.
– You can drive with cannabis if you keep it in a closed container or in your car’s trunk. The police may otherwise allege you for having an “Open Container”
– You are subject to DUI laws if you are found driving under the influence of cannabis.
– You can’t consume or possess cannabis on federal properties such as national parks or historical places even if it is in San Diego.
– Non-medical cannabis businesses are required to pay a 5% tax on monthly gross receipts which is scheduled to rise to 8% from July 1, 2019, unless the city council declares something else.
– Though it is legal under California state law, employers can prohibit the use of cannabis by their employees or can deny employment to a marijuana user. A medical cannabis card holder could be an exemption to this in certain cases.
If you love cannabis, then San Diego might just be the perfect city for you. Many cannabis enterprises are budding out here and the West Coast Cannabis Tours take you behind the scenes.
And all you need is a medical marijuana card in San Diego to buy the herb legally.
A glut of medical marijuana dispensaries in San Diego has appeared all over the city with the end of prohibition on the herb.
But remember, only stores with both state licenses and local permits can sell cannabis to customers. So, you better purchase from CUP licensed marijuana outlets to avoid any subtle legal issue.
Want to learn more?
Visit us at: http://bit.ly/2HlbE5B
Follow Us on:
Video Created by-
More info on The Cannabis Guide to San Diego
The Cannabis Guide to San Diego - BingNews Search results
Finding success in the cannabis industry sometimes means not mentioning cannabis
CNN — High Style Brewing had big expansion plans for its cannabis business. But it hit a major snag: Its name wasn't legal in Nevada. Instead of spending the past year expanding, the San Diego crafter ...
City of San Diego Bans Cannabis Billboards Near Schools, Playgrounds
“I believe the ordinance strikes the right balance that will protect children from cannabis billboard exposure and also create a legal and constitutionally sound ordinance that is narrowly tailored,” ...
San Diego bans pot billboards near schools, playgrounds
The San Diego City Council has approved a ban on marijuana billboard ads within 1,000 feet of schools, playgrounds, day care centers, youth centers and parks with playgrounds. The council vote Monday ...
San Diego City Council sets limits on billboards selling marijuana, pot and cannabis: Ban within 1,000 feet of some sites not enough, critics say
“We feel the current situation is unhealthy,” Peace said. The law, which applies to legal and illegal marijuana businesses, will help level the playing field and drive more customers to the legal ...
San Diego Bans Weed Billboards By Schools, Parks, More
The council voted 9-0 in support of the changes championed by Councilman Chris Cate after hearing from community members. SAN DIEGO, CA — The San Diego City Council today approved a ban on marijuana ...
San Diego Bans Marijuana Billboards Within 1,000 Feet of Kids Gathering Spots
and not applicable to illegal cannabis businesses. “Today’s action will allow San Diego to enforce regulations on billboard advertisements from both permitted and non-permitted cannabis businesses,” ...
Few Migrants Win Asylum Under Remain In Mexico Policy, Meth’s Grip In San Diego, Social ...
Right now San Diego has fewer than 20 legal cannabis shops open for business and only about ... I was counting my money for the tip for my son who was my guide because there's a lot of Alaskan Brown ...
San Diego Holiday Gift Guide 2019
Kaneh Co. Cinnamon Pecan Blondies, $24 per 100 mg bag (10 mg cannabis each), March and Ash, Mission Valley; San Diego Recreational Cannabis Dispensary, Mission Valley Mr. B’s Lavender Lip Balm, $6, ...
11 hospitalized in San Diego County with vaping related issues
SAN DIEGO — The San Diego County health and Human Services on ... and 10 other cases of lung injury have been reported that are potentially linked to the use of cannabis vapes. The disclosure came on ...
Puffy Delivery Aims to Become the Amazon of Cannabis
Puffy Delivery is the new online delivery website for cannabis with a considerable goal ... licenses or is on the brink of securing them in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Sacramento, Oakland, ...
San Diego City Council contemplates allowing cannabis lounges
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – San Diego is considering allowing cannabis businesses to open lounges where customers can smoke or eat the product on site, it was reported Monday. Some members of the San Diego ...