The oldest city in the California state, San Diego is widely known as “America’s Finest City” because of its amazing weather, beautiful sandy beaches, friendly people and a lot of other things!
San Diego is famous for another reason – it’s one of the most progressive cannabis cities in California. While marijuana is still classified as a schedule I substance under the federal law, you can use marijuana legally in San Diego for both medicinal or recreational purposes.
As per Proposition 64 passed by 56% of votes in favor on November 8, 2016, recreational marijuana has been legal in the whole of California since January 1st, 2018. Under legalization, weed sales in California are estimated to reach billion a year in revenue by 2021, along with billion taxes per year.
In September 2017, the San Diego City Council voted 6 to 3 to go all-in with it. They legalized marijuana cultivation, distribution, and retail sales making San Diego the center of a new “Green Rush” – a billion-dollar worth industry.
According to San Diego’s new cannabis law,
– You can purchase or carry up to 1 ounce (28.5 grams) of weed, or eight grams of concentrate such as hash, tincture, oil, etc. if you’re 21 years or older.
– You can grow up to six plants for personal use in a private property. You can’t sell without a license.
– You cannot smoke cannabis within 1,000 feet of a school, day care center, or youth center while people are present. For using cannabis publicly, you may encounter 0 -0 fine.
– You can drive with cannabis if you keep it in a closed container or in your car’s trunk. The police may otherwise allege you for having an “Open Container”
– You are subject to DUI laws if you are found driving under the influence of cannabis.
– You can’t consume or possess cannabis on federal properties such as national parks or historical places even if it is in San Diego.
– Non-medical cannabis businesses are required to pay a 5% tax on monthly gross receipts which is scheduled to rise to 8% from July 1, 2019, unless the city council declares something else.
– Though it is legal under California state law, employers can prohibit the use of cannabis by their employees or can deny employment to a marijuana user. A medical cannabis card holder could be an exemption to this in certain cases.
If you love cannabis, then San Diego might just be the perfect city for you. Many cannabis enterprises are budding out here and the West Coast Cannabis Tours take you behind the scenes.
And all you need is a medical marijuana card in San Diego to buy the herb legally.
A glut of medical marijuana dispensaries in San Diego has appeared all over the city with the end of prohibition on the herb.
But remember, only stores with both state licenses and local permits can sell cannabis to customers. So, you better purchase from CUP licensed marijuana outlets to avoid any subtle legal issue.
Want to learn more?
Visit us at: http://bit.ly/2HlbE5B
Follow Us on:
Video Created by-
More info on The Cannabis Guide to San Diego
The Cannabis Guide to San Diego - BingNews Search results
Is Kamala Harris Marijuana's Golden Ticket to Legalization?
Kamala Harris of California. This marks just the third time a woman has appeared as a vice presidential candidate on a major party ticket and the first time in history a Black woman (and also one of ...
Readers React: County can’t turn its back on cannabis consumers
Re “ Cannabis businesses remain banned in unincorporated areas ” (Aug. 5): Supervisor Kristin Gaspar needs reminding that she represents the voters of San Diego County, not her personal agenda or ...
Medical Marijuana, Inc. Subsidiary Kannaway® Announces July 2020 as Best Month in Company History for Japanese Division
SAN DIEGO, CA, Aug. 13, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NEWMEDIAWIRE -- Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: MJNA) (the “Company”), the first-ever publicly traded cannabis company in the United States ...
Researchers determine the effects of after-hours cannabis use on workplace performance
Although it has become increasingly accepted for medical and recreational use, cannabis is still considered among one of the most widely used illegal substances in the United States and in many ...
SDSU professor finds after-hours cannabis use has no impact on workplace performance
Dr. Jeremy Bernerth, management professor at San Diego State University and H. Jack Walker, management professor at Auburn University set out to determine the effects of different types of cannabis ...
Infinite Chemical Analysis Labs Brings Proven Cannabis Testing Expertise to Michigan Market
Leading San Diego, California, Cannabis Analytical Testing Lab Opens Second U.S. Location San Diego, Aug. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NEWMEDIAWIRE -- Infinite Chemical Analysis Labs (“InfiniteCAL ...
Cannabis dispensary marketing platform raises $11.5M in Series B funding
Cannabis companies are expanding at a time when many industries are still reeling from the economic effects of the pandemic.
Cannabis software startup Springbig just landed $11.5 million as investors eye cannabis-tech deals
Springbig is the latest cannabis startup to close a major funding round during the pandemic, as investors look to bet big on cannabis tech.
San Diego County Declines To End Cannabis Ban
San Diego County cannabis activists have set their sights on the upcoming election as their next chance to affect change.
Opinion: Permitting Cannabis Businesses Could Be Tax Boon for San Diego County
County supervisors should move the cannabis regulation and permitting process forward as other forward-looking counties throughout California have done.
San Diego County supervisors to consider cannabis businesses in unincorporated areas
Growing marijuana and selling cannabis products would be legal in unincorporated areas throughout San Diego County under a proposal scheduled to go before the Board of Supervisors on Wednesday.
San Diego Trolley
This week on "Sunday Morning" (July 19)A look at the features for this week's broadcast of the #1 Sunday morning news program Could cannabis be a possible treatment for COVID-19?Researchers are ...