The oldest city in the California state, San Diego is widely known as “America’s Finest City” because of its amazing weather, beautiful sandy beaches, friendly people and a lot of other things!
San Diego is famous for another reason – it’s one of the most progressive cannabis cities in California. While marijuana is still classified as a schedule I substance under the federal law, you can use marijuana legally in San Diego for both medicinal or recreational purposes.
As per Proposition 64 passed by 56% of votes in favor on November 8, 2016, recreational marijuana has been legal in the whole of California since January 1st, 2018. Under legalization, weed sales in California are estimated to reach billion a year in revenue by 2021, along with billion taxes per year.
In September 2017, the San Diego City Council voted 6 to 3 to go all-in with it. They legalized marijuana cultivation, distribution, and retail sales making San Diego the center of a new “Green Rush” – a billion-dollar worth industry.
According to San Diego’s new cannabis law,
– You can purchase or carry up to 1 ounce (28.5 grams) of weed, or eight grams of concentrate such as hash, tincture, oil, etc. if you’re 21 years or older.
– You can grow up to six plants for personal use in a private property. You can’t sell without a license.
– You cannot smoke cannabis within 1,000 feet of a school, day care center, or youth center while people are present. For using cannabis publicly, you may encounter 0 -0 fine.
– You can drive with cannabis if you keep it in a closed container or in your car’s trunk. The police may otherwise allege you for having an “Open Container”
– You are subject to DUI laws if you are found driving under the influence of cannabis.
– You can’t consume or possess cannabis on federal properties such as national parks or historical places even if it is in San Diego.
– Non-medical cannabis businesses are required to pay a 5% tax on monthly gross receipts which is scheduled to rise to 8% from July 1, 2019, unless the city council declares something else.
– Though it is legal under California state law, employers can prohibit the use of cannabis by their employees or can deny employment to a marijuana user. A medical cannabis card holder could be an exemption to this in certain cases.
If you love cannabis, then San Diego might just be the perfect city for you. Many cannabis enterprises are budding out here and the West Coast Cannabis Tours take you behind the scenes.
And all you need is a medical marijuana card in San Diego to buy the herb legally.
A glut of medical marijuana dispensaries in San Diego has appeared all over the city with the end of prohibition on the herb.
But remember, only stores with both state licenses and local permits can sell cannabis to customers. So, you better purchase from CUP licensed marijuana outlets to avoid any subtle legal issue.
Want to learn more?
Visit us at: http://bit.ly/2HlbE5B
Follow Us on:
Video Created by-
More info on The Cannabis Guide to San Diego
The Cannabis Guide to San Diego - BingNews Search results
Everything in moderation — including moderates
THE BUZZ — WHO DECIDES? Much post-recall punditry has posed an incredulous question: Why didn’t the California Republican Party run a more moderate candidate? In this reading, Gov. Gavin Newsom’s ...
CESC Reveals Novel Cannabis Profiling
Collaborative effort contributes to first-of-its-kind analysis of Cannabis chemotypeSan Diego, California Sep 23, 2021 (Issuewire.com ) - ...
Radicle Science and Open Book Extracts Announce New Alliance to Advance Consumer Trust and CBD Industry Validation
Radicle Science and Open Book Extracts (OBX) launch an alliance to advance the development of scientifically validated CBD and cannabinoid products.
Columbia Care Turns Its Attention to Florida in Effort to Launch Cannabist Retail Brand
Chief Growth Officer Jesse Channon said the rebrand will help the company compete more effectively in the state’s unique market.
Proposed tax break for Cathedral City cannabis businesses falls flat with city council
We got held back during this pandemic, we need help," said Eaton, a retired sheriff's detective sergeant who worked for the San Diego County's Sheriff's Department. Two other cannabis retailers ...
A shaman, a rapper and a surgeon: Meet the lesser-known names on your recall ballot
Off the campaign trail, she makes her living as a cannabis consultant ... down an invitation to a recent in-person event in San Diego because he doesn’t like to drive on the freeway ...
Emjay Cannabis - San Diego
Leafly operates in compliance with all applicable laws regarding access to cannabis. You must be 21+ or a registered patient for eligibility. Enjoy responsibly. Promotions: While supplies last.
San Diego County Sheriff's Department: Illegal Marijuana Dispensary - Spring Valley
Let's go! The warrant was part of an ongoing effort by Sheriff's Detectives to shut down unlicensed cannabis facilities operating in San Diego County. Detectives seized the following during the ...
The Non-Smoking Future of Legal Marijuana
and San Diego ahead of flower and vapes. Another end of year report from Seattle-based cannabis analytics firm Headset said sales of adult-use and medical edibles surged by 60% across seven state ...
Recreational marijuana is currently legal in at least 19 states, including Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey; medical marijuana is ... as parents, to guide our children through their ...
Cannabis Policy Advisor Shoots To Third Place In California Governor Recall Election Poll
Cannabis policy advisor Jackie McGowan is making ... including State Assemblymember Kevin Kiley (4%) and former San Diego mayor Kevin Faulconer (3%). “As a top-three candidate who emerged ...
The best cannabis dispensaries in San Diego
Here’s our guide to the best dispensaries in San ... With slick interior design and extensive menus, March and Ash’s San Diego-area cannabis dispensaries are among the city’s best.