Things you need to know before you travel to Los Angeles California. LA is HUGE. You won’t be able to see all of LA, unless you’re staying for a very very long time. Los Angeles doesn’t have a “center” and Downtown LA is not very exciting. LA is comprised of multiple cities Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Malibu. Get a rental car – You’ll need it to see most tourist attractions in Los Angeles.
– LA has traffic everywhere, all the time. All day, every day. Yes, even at 1am on a weekend. Deal with it.
– The freeways have names — it’s not I-405 — it’s “THE 405”
3. Public Transit
– LA has a subway!
– But it probably doesn’t go where you want! Especially the beach!
– Is often Valet
– and Costs money everywhere
– Except when you’re parking on the freeway 🙂
– Pay attention to street signs (confusing times and days)
– Know where you’re going and take the correct exit
– Take the wrong exit and you might end up in some place really sketchy
– Lots of little cities, the street numbering changes in different cities
– LA is not always sunny and warm
– It gets cold — particularly at night
– Shorts in the day, but pants and a jacket at night
– And the ocean water is cold too… 70 degrees is as warm as it gets
– Inland can be 30 degrees warmer than the beach
– Lots of sunscreen
– It’s dry — moisturizer
7. LA is unlike the rest of California
– It can feel like a different country, or at least a different state
– Venice Beach in particular
8. Hollywood is in the neighborhood called “Hollywood”
– West Hollywood is in front of the Hollywood sign (and a different city) with Fancy homes
– East Hollywood doesn’t have much
– North Hollywood over the mountain is a suburb of LA
– Oh by the way — no actors in Hollywood
– And if you go see a 30 minute sitcom taping it will take 4+ hours
9. The Valley
– Means San Fernando Valley
– Burbank, Studio City, North Hollywood, Van Nuys
10. LA’s most well known attractions are also some of the most rundown
– Hollywood Boulevard or is Tijuana?
– Venice Beach, oh my lord
11. LA is casual
– Flip flops and shorts are OK except in the most dressy establishments
12. Bring your own shopping bag
– Supermarkets charge 10 cents for shopping bags in California
13. Mexican Food in LA is awesome
– Get some fish tacos!
– And visit King Taco!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/yellowwsub
Watch my video on the Best Cheap Eats in Los Angeles: https://youtu.be/7AF-Nvk1x5c?list=PLOVadUHX1B-KpaZG7l8jjT6Hjmg3SUFgP
Follow me on:
Check out my blog at:
My Video Gear:
Sony FDR-AX53 4K Handycam: http://amzn.to/2hYePVc
Sony ECMW1M Wireless Microphone: http://amzn.to/2gQKDGG
Samsung Gear 360 Camera: http://amzn.to/2hKKyGE
LensPen Lens Cleaner: http://amzn.to/2hPYui1
Pacsafe LS250 Anti-theft Shoulder Bag: http://amzn.to/2h0YCNt
Manfroto Pixi Mini Tripod: http://amzn.to/2ilJms6
Manfrotto Twist Grip Clamp: http://amzn.to/2hYEnyN
Manfrotto LUMIMUSE 3 LED Light: http://amzn.to/2heTepU
More info on Los Angeles Travel Tips: 13 Things to Know Before You Go to LA
Classic movies in SoCal: Dracula, Madonna, the Muppets and more
streaming online or playing at a theater near you. Before you go, remember to call or check ... Here’s what you need to know. Veteran Hungarian actor Bela Lugosi, 73, best known for his many ...
Down 2-0, Dodgers Have Braves Right Where They Want Them at Home
Trailing 2-0 in the NL Championship Series, the Los Angeles Dodgers ... first two games. “Things just aren’t, can’t be scripted. You’ve got to kind of sometimes go off-script to what ...
Down 2-0, Dodgers have Braves where they want them at home
LOS ANGELES ... LA went on to win its first World Series championship since 1988. After last year, the 88-win Braves aren't taking anything for granted. “It's like one of those things where you ...
13 spooky best bets for Halloween fun: Elfman and Eilish, haunts, kids’ stuff and more
Bundle up! The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride has returned to Griffith Park, with immersive environments, creepy costumed characters, live entertainment and more. Not recommended for children 12 and ...
Start date for 24/7 operations at Port of LA still not set as 62 ships wait along the coast
There is no firm timetable in place yet for the Port of Los Angeles to go to 24/7 operations ... “This is not flipping a light switch, as you well know,” Porcari said, adding that tactical ...
Castle Dark haunted event returns to Castle Park — Everything you need to know before you go
SEE ALSO: What’s next as Fright Fest continues to improve at Six Flags Magic Mountain The new Phobias maze — the largest in Castle Dark history —brings you ... LA area, Oct. 14-21 Things ...
Playoff Series for the Ages as Dodgers, Giants go to Game 5
Everybody expected a playoff series for the ages between the century-old rival Dodgers and Giants, and now they've got it. Anything less than a winner-take-all Game 5 would have been a baseball ...
CBD vs. THC: Full Guide And Best Products
If you’re interested in trying CBD for pain relief or to help you sleep at night, it helps to understand how CBD works and how it affects the body. Here’s everything you need to know about CBD vs.
U.S. News Best K-8 LA Schools + COVID Hospitalizations Climb
people of Los Angeles! Here's everything you need to know about what's happening today. The Dodgers beat the Giants 7-2 to force a Game 5 in San Francisco Thursday. Four home runs from two players ...