Things you need to know before you travel to Los Angeles California. LA is HUGE. You won’t be able to see all of LA, unless you’re staying for a very very long time. Los Angeles doesn’t have a “center” and Downtown LA is not very exciting. LA is comprised of multiple cities Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Malibu. Get a rental car – You’ll need it to see most tourist attractions in Los Angeles.
– LA has traffic everywhere, all the time. All day, every day. Yes, even at 1am on a weekend. Deal with it.
– The freeways have names — it’s not I-405 — it’s “THE 405”
3. Public Transit
– LA has a subway!
– But it probably doesn’t go where you want! Especially the beach!
– Is often Valet
– and Costs money everywhere
– Except when you’re parking on the freeway 🙂
– Pay attention to street signs (confusing times and days)
– Know where you’re going and take the correct exit
– Take the wrong exit and you might end up in some place really sketchy
– Lots of little cities, the street numbering changes in different cities
– LA is not always sunny and warm
– It gets cold — particularly at night
– Shorts in the day, but pants and a jacket at night
– And the ocean water is cold too… 70 degrees is as warm as it gets
– Inland can be 30 degrees warmer than the beach
– Lots of sunscreen
– It’s dry — moisturizer
7. LA is unlike the rest of California
– It can feel like a different country, or at least a different state
– Venice Beach in particular
8. Hollywood is in the neighborhood called “Hollywood”
– West Hollywood is in front of the Hollywood sign (and a different city) with Fancy homes
– East Hollywood doesn’t have much
– North Hollywood over the mountain is a suburb of LA
– Oh by the way — no actors in Hollywood
– And if you go see a 30 minute sitcom taping it will take 4+ hours
9. The Valley
– Means San Fernando Valley
– Burbank, Studio City, North Hollywood, Van Nuys
10. LA’s most well known attractions are also some of the most rundown
– Hollywood Boulevard or is Tijuana?
– Venice Beach, oh my lord
11. LA is casual
– Flip flops and shorts are OK except in the most dressy establishments
12. Bring your own shopping bag
– Supermarkets charge 10 cents for shopping bags in California
13. Mexican Food in LA is awesome
– Get some fish tacos!
– And visit King Taco!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/yellowwsub
Watch my video on the Best Cheap Eats in Los Angeles: https://youtu.be/7AF-Nvk1x5c?list=PLOVadUHX1B-KpaZG7l8jjT6Hjmg3SUFgP
Follow me on:
Check out my blog at:
My Video Gear:
Sony FDR-AX53 4K Handycam: http://amzn.to/2hYePVc
Sony ECMW1M Wireless Microphone: http://amzn.to/2gQKDGG
Samsung Gear 360 Camera: http://amzn.to/2hKKyGE
LensPen Lens Cleaner: http://amzn.to/2hPYui1
Pacsafe LS250 Anti-theft Shoulder Bag: http://amzn.to/2h0YCNt
Manfroto Pixi Mini Tripod: http://amzn.to/2ilJms6
Manfrotto Twist Grip Clamp: http://amzn.to/2hYEnyN
Manfrotto LUMIMUSE 3 LED Light: http://amzn.to/2heTepU
More info on Los Angeles Travel Tips: 13 Things to Know Before You Go to LA
Anna Maria Rossi And Fabio Rossi On Their Wild Road Trips Through Asia—And Opening Their Second Gallery In Hong Kong
Fabio Rossi and Anna Maria Rossi, pictured at their gallery in Wong Chuk Hang with a sculpture by Rasheed Araeen (Photo: Mike Pickles for Tatler Hong Kong) Sign Up For The Newsletter: As they open ...
Wanda’s Picks March 2021
Wanda Sabir Women hold up half the sky Cicely Tyson, Ase! Women’s History Day on March 8 and March, now International Women’s History Month, is a time to reflect on the folks who “hold up half the sky ...
Coronavirus: California’s Covid death toll tops 50,000 after undercount in Los Angeles — as it happened
The nation has the second-highest overall death toll, after the US, but is 22nd in the world in per capita terms. The grim milestone comes as the government struggles with its vaccination programme, ...
The Top U30 Female Entrepreneurs To Look Out for in 2021
Her business forecasts rapid growth throughout 2021 and she plans to open her offices to provide a fun and flexible work environment for her employees. Entrepreneurship is a family trait for Katie.
OUTFRONT Media Inc (OUT) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
Q4 2020 Earnings Call Feb 25, 2021, 4:30 p.m. ET Operator Good day and welcome to the Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Earnings Conference Call. At this time, I would like to turn the conference over ...
Outfront Media Inc. (OUT) CEO Jeremy Male on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 25, 2021 04:30 PM ET Company Participants Gregory Lundberg - Investor Relations Jeremy Male - Chairman and ...
As Infections Dip, Governors Across U.S. Start Easing Restrictions
China approved two more Covid-19 vaccines for general use. In the U.S., vaccinations, stalled by heavy storms across the country, are accelerating again.
Heska Corporation (HSKA) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
Q4 2020 Earnings CallFeb 23, 2021, 11:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood day, and welcome to the Heska Corporation Fourth ...
The doctor will Zoom you now
Doctors and patients alike have long been wary of remote visits. But when lockdowns left no other option, many providers began seeing patients on their phones and computers. Is telemedicine here to ...
February 12 coronavirus news
This week the drastic shortfall of vaccines in the state led to the closure of the mass vaccination centers in Los Angeles ... people do have to travel, they're doing the things that we can ...
A local’s guide to
Philadelphia is her hometown, Los Angeles is where ... Rome 3 things locals think you should know Nobody nurses their morning caffe. Drink it fast, and then go. The word “piacere” (or ...