Things you need to know before you travel to Los Angeles California. LA is HUGE. You won’t be able to see all of LA, unless you’re staying for a very very long time. Los Angeles doesn’t have a “center” and Downtown LA is not very exciting. LA is comprised of multiple cities Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Malibu. Get a rental car – You’ll need it to see most tourist attractions in Los Angeles.
– LA has traffic everywhere, all the time. All day, every day. Yes, even at 1am on a weekend. Deal with it.
– The freeways have names — it’s not I-405 — it’s “THE 405”
3. Public Transit
– LA has a subway!
– But it probably doesn’t go where you want! Especially the beach!
– Is often Valet
– and Costs money everywhere
– Except when you’re parking on the freeway 🙂
– Pay attention to street signs (confusing times and days)
– Know where you’re going and take the correct exit
– Take the wrong exit and you might end up in some place really sketchy
– Lots of little cities, the street numbering changes in different cities
– LA is not always sunny and warm
– It gets cold — particularly at night
– Shorts in the day, but pants and a jacket at night
– And the ocean water is cold too… 70 degrees is as warm as it gets
– Inland can be 30 degrees warmer than the beach
– Lots of sunscreen
– It’s dry — moisturizer
7. LA is unlike the rest of California
– It can feel like a different country, or at least a different state
– Venice Beach in particular
8. Hollywood is in the neighborhood called “Hollywood”
– West Hollywood is in front of the Hollywood sign (and a different city) with Fancy homes
– East Hollywood doesn’t have much
– North Hollywood over the mountain is a suburb of LA
– Oh by the way — no actors in Hollywood
– And if you go see a 30 minute sitcom taping it will take 4+ hours
9. The Valley
– Means San Fernando Valley
– Burbank, Studio City, North Hollywood, Van Nuys
10. LA’s most well known attractions are also some of the most rundown
– Hollywood Boulevard or is Tijuana?
– Venice Beach, oh my lord
11. LA is casual
– Flip flops and shorts are OK except in the most dressy establishments
12. Bring your own shopping bag
– Supermarkets charge 10 cents for shopping bags in California
13. Mexican Food in LA is awesome
– Get some fish tacos!
– And visit King Taco!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/yellowwsub
Watch my video on the Best Cheap Eats in Los Angeles: https://youtu.be/7AF-Nvk1x5c?list=PLOVadUHX1B-KpaZG7l8jjT6Hjmg3SUFgP
Follow me on:
Check out my blog at:
My Video Gear:
Sony FDR-AX53 4K Handycam: http://amzn.to/2hYePVc
Sony ECMW1M Wireless Microphone: http://amzn.to/2gQKDGG
Samsung Gear 360 Camera: http://amzn.to/2hKKyGE
LensPen Lens Cleaner: http://amzn.to/2hPYui1
Pacsafe LS250 Anti-theft Shoulder Bag: http://amzn.to/2h0YCNt
Manfroto Pixi Mini Tripod: http://amzn.to/2ilJms6
Manfrotto Twist Grip Clamp: http://amzn.to/2hYEnyN
Manfrotto LUMIMUSE 3 LED Light: http://amzn.to/2heTepU
More info on Los Angeles Travel Tips: 13 Things to Know Before You Go to LA
How to celebrate Christmas — and the Dodgers’ World Series win — at the same time
The Dodgers’ drive-through Holiday Festival, with fake snow and a light show, honors the team’s championship — as well as COVID-19 rules and precautions.
If the player is asymptomatic, he must sit out for 10 d…
If the player is asymptomatic, he must sit out for 10 days from when first testing positive, then pass a cardiac screen and, finally, work out alone at the team facility for two more days before ...
Will games be suspended for positive tests? Much like t…
Will games be suspended for positive tests? Much like the NFL, potential game suspensions or postponements will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. NFL teams have tried to play through the ...
Under the Radar’s 2020 Holiday Gift Guide Part 3: Tabletop & Board Games
Over the next few weeks we’ll be unveiling the rest of our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide. In case you missed them, we already debuted our video game and drinker’s gift guides. While you’re thinking about ...
Coronavirus daily news updates, Dec. 1: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
We’re updating this page with the latest news about the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on the Seattle area, the Pacific Northwest and the world, including stats about the spread of the coronavirus ...
U.S. Health Officials Warn Thanksgiving Travelers They Could Seed a Coronavirus Surge on Top of a Surge
Mayor Bill de Blasio abruptly announces that New York City’s elementary schools will reopen. Gov. Jared Polis of Colorado and his partner test positive. Turkey’s crisis is growing.
The U.S. Passes 4 Million Cases in November Alone, Doubling October’s Tally
The national outbreak is escalating sharply, and deaths are at their highest levels since April and May. Video of an elderly Italian serenading his dying wife from a hospital courtyard is enchanting ...
Pelosi hammered for planning indoor gala for freshman lawmakers
Pelosi finally canceled the dinner this evening after catching hell online. The new reps will now have to socially distance and enjoy take out. But this should enrage every American, Laura, who can't ...
Don't Travel This Thanksgiving Holiday (But If You Must, Here Are Some Tips For Doing It Safely)
And when you defrost the vaccine, it has a short shelf life -- will you have to throw away doses if you can't use it in time? All of these things are, you know ... LA Tommy Lasorda In ICU: Los ...
Your Friday Election Results Update, Featuring More Los Angeles County Ballots Counted
Last updated on Friday, November 13 at 5:15 PM. As election officials continue counting ballots, Los Angeles ... you can worry with me — and we're there." Ghaly spoke about the state's new ...
The top 5 economy-class cabins in the sky today
The first impressions of this Delta flight from Los Angeles ... service that makes you feel like you’re flying first class — if you experience any of those things, you know that your economy ...
A local’s guide to
Philadelphia is her hometown, Los Angeles is where ... Rome 3 things locals think you should know Nobody nurses their morning caffe. Drink it fast, and then go. The word “piacere” (or ...