Things you need to know before you travel to Los Angeles California. LA is HUGE. You won’t be able to see all of LA, unless you’re staying for a very very long time. Los Angeles doesn’t have a “center” and Downtown LA is not very exciting. LA is comprised of multiple cities Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Malibu. Get a rental car – You’ll need it to see most tourist attractions in Los Angeles.
– LA has traffic everywhere, all the time. All day, every day. Yes, even at 1am on a weekend. Deal with it.
– The freeways have names — it’s not I-405 — it’s “THE 405”
3. Public Transit
– LA has a subway!
– But it probably doesn’t go where you want! Especially the beach!
– Is often Valet
– and Costs money everywhere
– Except when you’re parking on the freeway 🙂
– Pay attention to street signs (confusing times and days)
– Know where you’re going and take the correct exit
– Take the wrong exit and you might end up in some place really sketchy
– Lots of little cities, the street numbering changes in different cities
– LA is not always sunny and warm
– It gets cold — particularly at night
– Shorts in the day, but pants and a jacket at night
– And the ocean water is cold too… 70 degrees is as warm as it gets
– Inland can be 30 degrees warmer than the beach
– Lots of sunscreen
– It’s dry — moisturizer
7. LA is unlike the rest of California
– It can feel like a different country, or at least a different state
– Venice Beach in particular
8. Hollywood is in the neighborhood called “Hollywood”
– West Hollywood is in front of the Hollywood sign (and a different city) with Fancy homes
– East Hollywood doesn’t have much
– North Hollywood over the mountain is a suburb of LA
– Oh by the way — no actors in Hollywood
– And if you go see a 30 minute sitcom taping it will take 4+ hours
9. The Valley
– Means San Fernando Valley
– Burbank, Studio City, North Hollywood, Van Nuys
10. LA’s most well known attractions are also some of the most rundown
– Hollywood Boulevard or is Tijuana?
– Venice Beach, oh my lord
11. LA is casual
– Flip flops and shorts are OK except in the most dressy establishments
12. Bring your own shopping bag
– Supermarkets charge 10 cents for shopping bags in California
13. Mexican Food in LA is awesome
– Get some fish tacos!
– And visit King Taco!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/yellowwsub
Watch my video on the Best Cheap Eats in Los Angeles: https://youtu.be/7AF-Nvk1x5c?list=PLOVadUHX1B-KpaZG7l8jjT6Hjmg3SUFgP
Follow me on:
Check out my blog at:
My Video Gear:
Sony FDR-AX53 4K Handycam: http://amzn.to/2hYePVc
Sony ECMW1M Wireless Microphone: http://amzn.to/2gQKDGG
Samsung Gear 360 Camera: http://amzn.to/2hKKyGE
LensPen Lens Cleaner: http://amzn.to/2hPYui1
Pacsafe LS250 Anti-theft Shoulder Bag: http://amzn.to/2h0YCNt
Manfroto Pixi Mini Tripod: http://amzn.to/2ilJms6
Manfrotto Twist Grip Clamp: http://amzn.to/2hYEnyN
Manfrotto LUMIMUSE 3 LED Light: http://amzn.to/2heTepU
More info on Los Angeles Travel Tips: 13 Things to Know Before You Go to LA
FMIA: NFL Training Camp Tour Begins With Hugs In L.A., ‘Some Balls’ In San Francisco And A Mystery In Las Vegas
Peter King's Football Morning In America column leads with his annual NFL training camp tour, including stops in Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and more.
L.A. Affairs: What might have happened if we’d gotten that drink?
I was visiting a friend in New Zealand in 2019 when I had an extra travel ... in Los Angeles and the search for love — into a new book. Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the columns you ...
‘The Childcare System Is In Crisis’: Childcare Costs Rank As Top Expense for SoCal Families
LOS ANGELES ... was trouble before the pandemic, and it has only gotten worse. “The gaps are huge,” Christina Alvarado, executive director of the Childcare Alliance of Los Angeles, said.
Los Lobos Celebrates Los Angeles On New Cover Album, ‘Native Sons’
The first few months were really brutal in Los Angeles. Once things started easing up a little bit to where we could travel again ... it was. You know… I don’t know if anybody, artistically ...
Some Restaurants Requiring Vaccination Proof Before Allowing Customers To Dine
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — A growing number of bars ... There’s plenty of other options if you are just looking for a drink. If you want a record, we can sell you it at the door,” Barresi said.
Gaming, Fast Food and 19 Other Pleasures That Are Hurting Your Bank Account
Some guilty pleasures are guilty pleasures because they're bad for your health. Others gobble up time that could be better spent doing something else, some are expensive, and some are all three.
Worried about crowds at national parks? Try these three outdoor experiences instead
As always, let me know if you have summer travel tips or destination recommendations. Planet 13 Orange County is Southern ... engagement editor for the Los Angeles Times. She writes The Times ...
24 Summer Love Stories That Will Make You Swoon
He lived in Los Angeles and wasn’t sure if the expensive, last minute flight was worth it. But a friend warned him that if he didn’t go ... of summer love. You never know where it will ...
The story of honoring Negro League history and a search for buried treasure
We traveled east along Lake Erie, on a search for hidden gems. Negro League players followed this same route in the 1930s and 1940s, moving along U.S. Route 20 in buses and caravans of cars until ...
The 14 Best Places to Buy Engagement Rings Online
Offering high-touch customer service, Zales provides an online "Engagement Ring Education" guide featuring ... handset in Los Angeles, and ships in three to four weeks. If you feel like you ...
Cheap Flights from London to Los Angeles (LON - LAX)
We try to be as accurate as possible here, but things can change fast. Check our live COVID-19 map for United States travel ... Los Angeles from London. Know your cabin luggage size and weight ...