Things you need to know before you travel to Los Angeles California. LA is HUGE. You won’t be able to see all of LA, unless you’re staying for a very very long time. Los Angeles doesn’t have a “center” and Downtown LA is not very exciting. LA is comprised of multiple cities Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Malibu. Get a rental car – You’ll need it to see most tourist attractions in Los Angeles.
– LA has traffic everywhere, all the time. All day, every day. Yes, even at 1am on a weekend. Deal with it.
– The freeways have names — it’s not I-405 — it’s “THE 405”
3. Public Transit
– LA has a subway!
– But it probably doesn’t go where you want! Especially the beach!
– Is often Valet
– and Costs money everywhere
– Except when you’re parking on the freeway 🙂
– Pay attention to street signs (confusing times and days)
– Know where you’re going and take the correct exit
– Take the wrong exit and you might end up in some place really sketchy
– Lots of little cities, the street numbering changes in different cities
– LA is not always sunny and warm
– It gets cold — particularly at night
– Shorts in the day, but pants and a jacket at night
– And the ocean water is cold too… 70 degrees is as warm as it gets
– Inland can be 30 degrees warmer than the beach
– Lots of sunscreen
– It’s dry — moisturizer
7. LA is unlike the rest of California
– It can feel like a different country, or at least a different state
– Venice Beach in particular
8. Hollywood is in the neighborhood called “Hollywood”
– West Hollywood is in front of the Hollywood sign (and a different city) with Fancy homes
– East Hollywood doesn’t have much
– North Hollywood over the mountain is a suburb of LA
– Oh by the way — no actors in Hollywood
– And if you go see a 30 minute sitcom taping it will take 4+ hours
9. The Valley
– Means San Fernando Valley
– Burbank, Studio City, North Hollywood, Van Nuys
10. LA’s most well known attractions are also some of the most rundown
– Hollywood Boulevard or is Tijuana?
– Venice Beach, oh my lord
11. LA is casual
– Flip flops and shorts are OK except in the most dressy establishments
12. Bring your own shopping bag
– Supermarkets charge 10 cents for shopping bags in California
13. Mexican Food in LA is awesome
– Get some fish tacos!
– And visit King Taco!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/yellowwsub
Watch my video on the Best Cheap Eats in Los Angeles: https://youtu.be/7AF-Nvk1x5c?list=PLOVadUHX1B-KpaZG7l8jjT6Hjmg3SUFgP
Follow me on:
Check out my blog at:
My Video Gear:
Sony FDR-AX53 4K Handycam: http://amzn.to/2hYePVc
Sony ECMW1M Wireless Microphone: http://amzn.to/2gQKDGG
Samsung Gear 360 Camera: http://amzn.to/2hKKyGE
LensPen Lens Cleaner: http://amzn.to/2hPYui1
Pacsafe LS250 Anti-theft Shoulder Bag: http://amzn.to/2h0YCNt
Manfroto Pixi Mini Tripod: http://amzn.to/2ilJms6
Manfrotto Twist Grip Clamp: http://amzn.to/2hYEnyN
Manfrotto LUMIMUSE 3 LED Light: http://amzn.to/2heTepU
More info on Los Angeles Travel Tips: 13 Things to Know Before You Go to LA
Beachside chic in California: A review of the new Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas
When Hyatt acquired Two Roads Hospitality for $480 million back in 2018, it added five lifestyle brands to its portfolio, including the Asia-based luxury chain Alila. For its part, Alila had already ...
The Best Way to Learn a Language, Whether You're a Beginner or Just Brushing Up
Learning a new language is conditional on a few things, chief among them time and practice. But the hours you commit are worth the investment: Studies show a correlation between bilingualism and ...
One Year Later: Real Stories Of Filing For Unemployment During Covid-19, Revisited
Millions of Americans lost their jobs, had work hours reduced or otherwise lost income during the Covid-19 pandemic. In the early days of the pandemic, Forbes Advisor shared the real-life stories of ...
Torah Queeries: Weekly Commentaries on the Hebrew Bible
In the Jewish tradition, reading of the Torah follows a calendar cycle, with a specific portion assigned each week. These weekly portions, read aloud in ...
OWL holds April meeting
The April meeting was held the evening of April 6, 2021, at deSha’s Restaurant. President Carla Padgett called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. with eight members in attendance. The blessing was ...
Newsletter: Laid off? Hours cut? You could be eligible for free COBRA health insurance
For more, go to the state’s Department of Managed Health Care website. Other things you should know ... for the Los Angeles Times. She writes The Times’ business newsletter and travel newsletter.
How Do You Write an Anthony Bourdain Book Without Anthony Bourdain?
After the author and TV personality’s death, his longtime assistant was left to finish his last book, a world travel guide ... one of his favorite hotels, Los Angeles’s Chateau Marmont.
iOS 14.4 release date, features, widgets and compatible iPhones
Not every iPhone can get iOS 14, but the compatibility list has not changed from iOS 13: if you could download the ... only available for New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and some cities ...
This Oddball Chef Wants to Serve You Wild Animals
“I don’t know what to tell you,” Skenes said ... in San Francisco and Los Angeles, both called Angler, are dedicated to the not so simple pleasures treasured by every serious hunter ...
Exclusive: Notorious fraudster Anna Delvey would rather be in jail than in Germany, she says from custody
When you look at it ... I ask if, à la Meghan Markle, she would like to snag a royal? "No, an arts person, definitely. I know a lot of art people. They just travel the whole time, so nobody ...
The 14 Best Places to Buy Engagement Rings Online
Offering high-touch customer service, Zales provides an online "Engagement Ring Education" guide featuring ... handset in Los Angeles, and ships in three to four weeks. If you feel like you ...