Hey everyone! I’m Veronica Hill with California Travel Tips and today I’m sharing my picks for the 10 best travel apps for visiting California. There are a few others worth mentioning, which I’ll share with you guys in another episode. I hope you have a chance to check out these California travel apps. They are sure to be your friends next time you visit California!
1. If you’re going to Disneyland, the Disneyland Wait Times Walkee app is worth a look. It features up-to-the-minute wait times, along with restaurant menus, park maps and a daily calendar.
2. If you want to spice up your visit, check out the Hidden Mickeys app, which sends you on a hunt for hidden surprises throughout the park.
3. Another favorite is EveryTrail Pro. This app allows you to search for hiking trails near your location, or download GPS-enabled sightseeing tours in big cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. What’s best? You can download the maps so you don’t need cell service to follow the map.
4. Most of you are likely going to hit the beach at some time during your visit. For the latest surf reports, I like the free Surf Report by Oakley app. Powered by Surfline, this app shares the latest surf conditions in Southern and Northern California, updated several times daily. You can add your favorite surf spots to a list so they’re always available at a glance.
5. Are you renting a car? Then iExit is a must. This app is great for road trips, telling you exactly what gas stations, restaurants and coffee shops are at your next freeway exit. Unlike Google and Apple Maps, it only suggests places that are in the direction you’re heading.
6. Want to check out some great restaurants? Yelp is an old favorite. This is one of my favorite apps for discovering nearby restaurants and bars. Each listing has photos, phone numbers and customer reviews. You can add your own photos and reviews straight from the phone.
7. Open Table is another good choice. This app allows you to view restaurant menus near your GPS-enabled location, or search by restaurant name. Browse the menu, then make the reservation right from your phone.
8. Want to find out where the star chefs eat locally? Check out Chef’s Feed.
9. Tipulator is another one of my favorites — just because I’m terrible at math. This app allows you to calculate the tip at a restaurant, or split the bill between several people. It’s great for people like me who have trouble figuring these things out.
10. If you aren’t picky about your activities, set up a Groupon for the cities you’ll be traveling to. I’ve found deep discounts for skydiving in San Diego, wine tasting in Temecula, and winter whale watching cruises off Newport Beach. Why pay full price at the door?
Finally, for all you light sleepers out there, check out Sleep Pillow. I’ve tried about 10 white noise apps, and this one is my favorite — perfect for hotels with thin walls and noisy neighbors. And if you get a good night’s sleep, your trip is going to be much more enjoyable.
TripIt is a great way to organize your trip into one master itinerary, which is available at a glance. You can set it up so hotel and flight reservations are automatically entered into the app.
What are your top travel apps? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for watching!!!
Want to check out more great California apps? Check out my personal guide to California, Disneyland and Yosemite.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ME!
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK http://tinyurl.com/nqx9osq
CIRCLE ME ON GOOGLE PLUS http://tinyurl.com/odkmbqk
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/Californiatips
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM http://instagram.com/californiatraveltips
BUY MY APPS!
California Essential Guide App:
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.ca.essential.guide568&hl=en
Yosemite Travel Essentials App:
DISNEYLAND INSIDER’S TRAVEL GUIDE
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.disney.guide&hl=en
More info on Travel Tips – 10 Best Travel Apps for Visiting California
Alysa Liu grows on the ice and adds inches, too
With new coaches, Alysa Liu hopes to show off her growth this season ahead of the 2022 Olympics. It doesn't hurt that she's grown two inches, either.
Coronavirus has exposed a secret underbelly of the travel business: Ponzi-style schemes to pay bookings
Consumer complaints related to COVID-19 include more than 5,300 travelers who struggled to secure refunds for trips interrupted by coronavirus.
Tahoe Hotel Wins Hotels Travelers' Choice Award (Top 10% Global Hotels)
Small Family Hotel Business in South Lake Tahoe wins global award SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - September 24, 2020 - (Newswire.com) The 7 Seas Inn, South Lake Tahoe, today announc ...
17 tips for sailing on the Disney Cruise Line
The Disney Cruise Line is a comparatively small cruise line with just four ships and less than 300 sailings each year, but what it may lack in size it more than makes up for in popularity and ...
10 tips for finding deals on a rental car, according to experts
According to data from CheapCarRental.net, a car-rental comparison engine, road trip travel is up, but the travel industry as a whole is still hurting. As a result, rental car rates in the United ...
Appnovation Launches New Website For Visit California
Imagery from Visit ... on California Welcome Centers. To help visitors make informed decisions, the site’s menu bar features a Travel Tips section that includes the Responsible Travel Code, asking ...
Your complete guide to maximizing Google Flights
If you’ve been reading TPG for a while, you’ve probably seen us post a lot of great flight deals. TPG’s deal alerts offer an insider tip on great flight prices, whether you book in cash or points.
Travel With Rick Steves
Travel writer ... details - visit www.ricksteves.com. Rick tells us what it's like to spend his first summer at home in decades. We get an update on how Honolulu is faring without tourist crowds.
The Best Travel Insurance For Your Holiday Vacation Trip
American travelers are looking forward to the holiday travel period like nothing else in recent memory. But given the pandemic health concerns, they're also trying to find the best travel insurance ...
The 10 Best Chicago Walking Tours (Most of Which Are Totally Free)
Get some fresh air in a faraway neighborhood or learn something new about a favorite old building on one of these free (or free-ish) Chicago walking tours.
Where camping, Santa and ax throwing collide
Tickets from $10 ... in Southern California. Insider tips on the best of our beaches, trails, parks, deserts, forests and mountains. As Los Angeles Times assistant Travel editor, Mary Forgione ...
Coronavirus updates: Infections surge in Spain, Russia; Most adults willing to get a vaccine
The coverage on this live blog has ended — for up-to-the-minute coverage on the coronavirus, visit CNBC's latest live ... $40 million per day with air travel levels only a fraction of a year ...