Hey everyone! I’m Veronica Hill with California Travel Tips and today I’m sharing my picks for the 10 best travel apps for visiting California. There are a few others worth mentioning, which I’ll share with you guys in another episode. I hope you have a chance to check out these California travel apps. They are sure to be your friends next time you visit California!
1. If you’re going to Disneyland, the Disneyland Wait Times Walkee app is worth a look. It features up-to-the-minute wait times, along with restaurant menus, park maps and a daily calendar.
2. If you want to spice up your visit, check out the Hidden Mickeys app, which sends you on a hunt for hidden surprises throughout the park.
3. Another favorite is EveryTrail Pro. This app allows you to search for hiking trails near your location, or download GPS-enabled sightseeing tours in big cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. What’s best? You can download the maps so you don’t need cell service to follow the map.
4. Most of you are likely going to hit the beach at some time during your visit. For the latest surf reports, I like the free Surf Report by Oakley app. Powered by Surfline, this app shares the latest surf conditions in Southern and Northern California, updated several times daily. You can add your favorite surf spots to a list so they’re always available at a glance.
5. Are you renting a car? Then iExit is a must. This app is great for road trips, telling you exactly what gas stations, restaurants and coffee shops are at your next freeway exit. Unlike Google and Apple Maps, it only suggests places that are in the direction you’re heading.
6. Want to check out some great restaurants? Yelp is an old favorite. This is one of my favorite apps for discovering nearby restaurants and bars. Each listing has photos, phone numbers and customer reviews. You can add your own photos and reviews straight from the phone.
7. Open Table is another good choice. This app allows you to view restaurant menus near your GPS-enabled location, or search by restaurant name. Browse the menu, then make the reservation right from your phone.
8. Want to find out where the star chefs eat locally? Check out Chef’s Feed.
9. Tipulator is another one of my favorites — just because I’m terrible at math. This app allows you to calculate the tip at a restaurant, or split the bill between several people. It’s great for people like me who have trouble figuring these things out.
10. If you aren’t picky about your activities, set up a Groupon for the cities you’ll be traveling to. I’ve found deep discounts for skydiving in San Diego, wine tasting in Temecula, and winter whale watching cruises off Newport Beach. Why pay full price at the door?
Finally, for all you light sleepers out there, check out Sleep Pillow. I’ve tried about 10 white noise apps, and this one is my favorite — perfect for hotels with thin walls and noisy neighbors. And if you get a good night’s sleep, your trip is going to be much more enjoyable.
TripIt is a great way to organize your trip into one master itinerary, which is available at a glance. You can set it up so hotel and flight reservations are automatically entered into the app.
What are your top travel apps? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for watching!!!
Want to check out more great California apps? Check out my personal guide to California, Disneyland and Yosemite.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ME!
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK http://tinyurl.com/nqx9osq
CIRCLE ME ON GOOGLE PLUS http://tinyurl.com/odkmbqk
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/Californiatips
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM http://instagram.com/californiatraveltips
BUY MY APPS!
California Essential Guide App:
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.ca.essential.guide568&hl=en
Yosemite Travel Essentials App:
DISNEYLAND INSIDER’S TRAVEL GUIDE
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.disney.guide&hl=en
More info on Travel Tips – 10 Best Travel Apps for Visiting California
Escape to a treehouse for an elevated vacation getaway, say tiny house experts
Before you start a road trip, check govstatus.egov.com/or-covid-19 for the most current travel recommendations and best practices ... locations. 10 cozy, cool, crazy cabin vacation getaways: Escape to ...
We wanted to know how couples are faring under COVID-19. These are their love tales
Illustrations by Slimy Oddity In history books of the future, the horrors of the COVID-19 pandemic will be described in painstaking detail.
10 of the best virtual travel experiences: readers' tips
From the Norwegian fjords to the Serengeti, readers are using the internet to bring music, vistas, wildlife, art and street life into their homes ...
Vaccine passport for international travel branded ‘discriminatory’
Requiring everyone who wishes to go overseas to have been vaccinated against Covid-19 is a path towards discrimination, according to the head of the World Travel and Tourism Council.
The Best Places to Retire Abroad? During COVID-19?
Retire abroad? In the middle of a pandemic ?! At a time when the U.S. State Department advises Americans to avoid all international travel due to COVID-19? And when the Centers for Disease Control and ...
The best places to travel in January
It’s a new year, but the coronavirus pandemic continues to worsen around the globe. In the U.S. alone, more than 4,000 people died in a single day on Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021. Many countries are again ...
10 Ways To Bank Smarter In The New Year
Having a bank account is convenient and useful in more ways than one. A checking account can make paying bills or making purchases using a debit card easier. Savings accounts, money market accounts ...
Want to learn Spanish? These apps and online courses are here to help.
And while the best way to learn Spanish ... which is important to travel and fluency. You can access the site through the web app, or on your smartphone from the iOS/Android app.
9 ways the pandemic will change travel in 2021
As 2020 ends, and with vaccination against the coronavirus ramping up, would-be travelers wonder what they can expect in the coming year, and beyond.
What’s open and closed in SoCal as state renews stay-home rules
In each affected region, Newsom’s order forbids nonessential travel, defined as vacation ... the outdoors in Southern California. Insider tips on the best of our beaches, trails, parks, deserts ...
Tips for visiting U.S. national parks from someone who visited them all
He discussed his epic adventure, plus winter travel ... visit the one closest to my apartment in Los Angeles — Channel Islands National Park. It was maybe an hour from where I had been living ...
What It's Like to Visit Vegas in the Coronavirus Era
Sin City was practically a ghost town in the spring but is slowly reviving. Learn what’s open and the new precautions in place to help keep visitors safe.