Hey everyone! I’m Veronica Hill with California Travel Tips and today I’m sharing my picks for the 10 best travel apps for visiting California. There are a few others worth mentioning, which I’ll share with you guys in another episode. I hope you have a chance to check out these California travel apps. They are sure to be your friends next time you visit California!
1. If you’re going to Disneyland, the Disneyland Wait Times Walkee app is worth a look. It features up-to-the-minute wait times, along with restaurant menus, park maps and a daily calendar.
2. If you want to spice up your visit, check out the Hidden Mickeys app, which sends you on a hunt for hidden surprises throughout the park.
3. Another favorite is EveryTrail Pro. This app allows you to search for hiking trails near your location, or download GPS-enabled sightseeing tours in big cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. What’s best? You can download the maps so you don’t need cell service to follow the map.
4. Most of you are likely going to hit the beach at some time during your visit. For the latest surf reports, I like the free Surf Report by Oakley app. Powered by Surfline, this app shares the latest surf conditions in Southern and Northern California, updated several times daily. You can add your favorite surf spots to a list so they’re always available at a glance.
5. Are you renting a car? Then iExit is a must. This app is great for road trips, telling you exactly what gas stations, restaurants and coffee shops are at your next freeway exit. Unlike Google and Apple Maps, it only suggests places that are in the direction you’re heading.
6. Want to check out some great restaurants? Yelp is an old favorite. This is one of my favorite apps for discovering nearby restaurants and bars. Each listing has photos, phone numbers and customer reviews. You can add your own photos and reviews straight from the phone.
7. Open Table is another good choice. This app allows you to view restaurant menus near your GPS-enabled location, or search by restaurant name. Browse the menu, then make the reservation right from your phone.
8. Want to find out where the star chefs eat locally? Check out Chef’s Feed.
9. Tipulator is another one of my favorites — just because I’m terrible at math. This app allows you to calculate the tip at a restaurant, or split the bill between several people. It’s great for people like me who have trouble figuring these things out.
10. If you aren’t picky about your activities, set up a Groupon for the cities you’ll be traveling to. I’ve found deep discounts for skydiving in San Diego, wine tasting in Temecula, and winter whale watching cruises off Newport Beach. Why pay full price at the door?
Finally, for all you light sleepers out there, check out Sleep Pillow. I’ve tried about 10 white noise apps, and this one is my favorite — perfect for hotels with thin walls and noisy neighbors. And if you get a good night’s sleep, your trip is going to be much more enjoyable.
TripIt is a great way to organize your trip into one master itinerary, which is available at a glance. You can set it up so hotel and flight reservations are automatically entered into the app.
What are your top travel apps? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for watching!!!
Want to check out more great California apps? Check out my personal guide to California, Disneyland and Yosemite.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ME!
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK http://tinyurl.com/nqx9osq
CIRCLE ME ON GOOGLE PLUS http://tinyurl.com/odkmbqk
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/Californiatips
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM http://instagram.com/californiatraveltips
BUY MY APPS!
California Essential Guide App:
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.ca.essential.guide568&hl=en
Yosemite Travel Essentials App:
DISNEYLAND INSIDER’S TRAVEL GUIDE
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.disney.guide&hl=en
More info on Travel Tips – 10 Best Travel Apps for Visiting California
Even seasoned pros are doing Disneyland wrong right now
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a local who used to visit the parks every week, the Disneyland experience has changed tremendously in 2021. Advice that was once sound no longer applies, and ...
T+L's 50 Most Notable People in Travel: 2021
Behind every change the travel world has seen in the past year — and in the past 50 — there are people. That's why we're marking Travel + Leisure's 50th anniversary by celebrating the travelers who ...
Disneyland Resort Update for July 19-25, 2021
Character Dining Returns; More Restaurants to Reopen | Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Headquarters to Relocate to Florida ...
50 Ways To Live the Big Life on a Small Budget
There are ways to eat well, travel and dress like ... to save money on flights. The app analyzes historical airfare data and lets you know whether to buy now or hold off on your booking to get the ...
Questions about visiting next year
When everything is again ok we will visit USA next year. That will be in July or Augusta as I have a n international football tournament in the middle of June. September is not an option I think ...
Hawaii expands Clear partnership, expedites entry with digital COVID-19 vaccination checks
The Clear app is available ... must either take a pre-travel COVID-19 test and upload negative results to Safe Travels prior to departure or complete a mandatory 10-day quarantine.
Worried about crowds at national parks? Try these three outdoor experiences instead
Lots of travelers are visiting national ... let me know if you have summer travel tips or destination recommendations. Planet 13 Orange County is Southern California’s “newest pot-superstore ...
The 21 best things to do on Catalina
Santa Catalina may be only an hour from the Southern California mainland ... and what to see along with travel tips. 12. The most challenging hike on the island is the Trans-Catalina Trail ...
4th Of July Travel: Best Time To Get Out Of Ramona
AAA also rounded up the top 10 destinations ... can travel domestically at low risk to themselves. Vaccinated or not, travelers should take the proper precautions and heed a few tips before ...
Jersey Coast Home Watch keeps an eye on your house while you're gone
“The field of home watch is an unregulated industry with no licensing or standards, so this association establishes a baseline of services, training, ethics and best practices for all home ...
A Beginner’s Guide for Travel Points and Miles
Best way to ... Do you want to travel several times a year to an exotic location, flying in first class on miles and paying for your hotel on points? Do you want to fly to visit friends and ...