Hey everyone! I’m Veronica Hill with California Travel Tips and today I’m sharing my picks for the 10 best travel apps for visiting California. There are a few others worth mentioning, which I’ll share with you guys in another episode. I hope you have a chance to check out these California travel apps. They are sure to be your friends next time you visit California!
1. If you’re going to Disneyland, the Disneyland Wait Times Walkee app is worth a look. It features up-to-the-minute wait times, along with restaurant menus, park maps and a daily calendar.
2. If you want to spice up your visit, check out the Hidden Mickeys app, which sends you on a hunt for hidden surprises throughout the park.
3. Another favorite is EveryTrail Pro. This app allows you to search for hiking trails near your location, or download GPS-enabled sightseeing tours in big cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. What’s best? You can download the maps so you don’t need cell service to follow the map.
4. Most of you are likely going to hit the beach at some time during your visit. For the latest surf reports, I like the free Surf Report by Oakley app. Powered by Surfline, this app shares the latest surf conditions in Southern and Northern California, updated several times daily. You can add your favorite surf spots to a list so they’re always available at a glance.
5. Are you renting a car? Then iExit is a must. This app is great for road trips, telling you exactly what gas stations, restaurants and coffee shops are at your next freeway exit. Unlike Google and Apple Maps, it only suggests places that are in the direction you’re heading.
6. Want to check out some great restaurants? Yelp is an old favorite. This is one of my favorite apps for discovering nearby restaurants and bars. Each listing has photos, phone numbers and customer reviews. You can add your own photos and reviews straight from the phone.
7. Open Table is another good choice. This app allows you to view restaurant menus near your GPS-enabled location, or search by restaurant name. Browse the menu, then make the reservation right from your phone.
8. Want to find out where the star chefs eat locally? Check out Chef’s Feed.
9. Tipulator is another one of my favorites — just because I’m terrible at math. This app allows you to calculate the tip at a restaurant, or split the bill between several people. It’s great for people like me who have trouble figuring these things out.
10. If you aren’t picky about your activities, set up a Groupon for the cities you’ll be traveling to. I’ve found deep discounts for skydiving in San Diego, wine tasting in Temecula, and winter whale watching cruises off Newport Beach. Why pay full price at the door?
Finally, for all you light sleepers out there, check out Sleep Pillow. I’ve tried about 10 white noise apps, and this one is my favorite — perfect for hotels with thin walls and noisy neighbors. And if you get a good night’s sleep, your trip is going to be much more enjoyable.
TripIt is a great way to organize your trip into one master itinerary, which is available at a glance. You can set it up so hotel and flight reservations are automatically entered into the app.
What are your top travel apps? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for watching!!!
Want to check out more great California apps? Check out my personal guide to California, Disneyland and Yosemite.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ME!
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK http://tinyurl.com/nqx9osq
CIRCLE ME ON GOOGLE PLUS http://tinyurl.com/odkmbqk
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/Californiatips
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM http://instagram.com/californiatraveltips
BUY MY APPS!
California Essential Guide App:
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.ca.essential.guide568&hl=en
Yosemite Travel Essentials App:
DISNEYLAND INSIDER’S TRAVEL GUIDE
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sutromedia.android.guide.disney.guide&hl=en
More info on Travel Tips – 10 Best Travel Apps for Visiting California
Maui COVID-19 travel restrictions: What you need to know about requirements to visit this Hawaiian island
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter. In addition to following Hawaii’s strict entry test requirements (more on that below), completing the Safe Travels online application, ...
How to Get Started In Planespotting
Back then it wasn’t common for most people to travel ... with six to 10 being respectable. You’ll also want the option of adjusting the settings manually, as I’ll explain. Boeing 747s being stored or ...
Will a US/UK travel corridor be a reality this summer?
Maybe it's falling asleep on the red-eye flight, dreaming of gleaming skyscrapers before waking up to views of Long Island, ready to live out all your NYC fantasies.
'I travelled internationally all year without catching Covid – and I feel safer on a plane than in most indoor spaces': Frequent flyer says he's living proof that global ...
Gilbert Ott, from flight tips site God Save The Points, said in 2020 and 2021 he flew to NYC (three times), Santorini, LA (twice), Amsterdam and Palm Springs and remained virus-free.
Trying to get a camping reservation in California? Here’s how
She knows it’s tricky to make reservations for campgrounds in California ... Travel section. She loves tips and stories about running, hiking and anything to do with the outdoors. She also writes The ...
Why your next rental car might cost more than a plane ticket
Travelers are running into a perfect storm of high demand and not enough cars. The result: hard-to-find or very expensive rentals.
Senior discounts are plentiful; you just have to ask
I just turned 60 and would like to find out the best way to go about locating senior discounts. — Looking to Save ...
You’re vaccinated and ready to travel. Here’s your pre-trip checklist.
On Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave the green light that fully vaccinated people can travel again. The long-awaited guidance is welcome news for travelers who want to visit ...
The Station: Breaking down TuSimple’s S-1
The Station is a weekly newsletter dedicated to all things transportation. Sign up here — just click The Station — to receive it every weekend in your inbox. Hi friends and new readers, welcome to The ...
Bucket List Travel: The World’s Best Virtual Tours
As a result, virtual tours surged in popularity over the past year as a welcome escape from life in lockdown. And while people are tip-toeing into travel again, there’s still a large portion of the ...
Peek’s Key To Building Customer Loyalty Is By Selling Experiences Rather Than Products
The travel company partners with small businesses to compile and curate the best experiences for travelers visiting their ... in San Francisco, California. With over 10 years in the travel game ...
How Vamoos travel app's latest launch can improve the customer journey
With two new platform developments, the Vamoos travel app is allowing agents to add a whole new level of service to the customer journey. Madeleine Barber speaks to chief executive Alistair Luxmoore t ...